Life Care Center of Stoneham, though set in a quiet, wooded area north of Boston, is close to many activities for visitors of all ages. For day trip, we suggest:
- The Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau provides links to attractions, events, hotels and restaurants in and around the city.
- More than 100 years old, the Stone Zoo holds a number of animals including koalas, bears, lynx, snow leopards and jaguars. Every Christmas, the zoo holds a special lights event, with different areas lit up.
- The Stoneham Theatre, founded in 1917 and formerly housing movies, now features live theater with a critically acclaimed professional talent group performing multiple shows a year.
- Breakheart Reservation features scenic views of Boston, two lakes, swimming and plenty of trails to explore the area.
- Lowell National Historical Park honors the effect Lowell, Mass., had on the Industrial Revolution in America with its water-powered textile mills. In various sites throughout the city, visitors can walk around the city, exploring old textile mills and the water mills that powered the textile mills.